Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Childhood Memories

Childhood Memories Posted by Heriberto Fuentes Is it bad that a lot of my memories from growing up revolve around television? Most of my summer memories involve the sound of a baseball game on in the background, and there is nothing that will make me more nostalgic than taking a nap on the couch while there is gold on in the background. I can’t even count the number of times I took a nap on the couch while my dad watched golf—it’s funny to me that now I enjoy watching golf myself. When I was younger, I would have preferred to watch absolutely anything else. I would venture to guess that a lot of people of my generation would say that a lot of their childhood memories involve cable tv. We obviously have a lot of memories that focus on playing outside with our friends too, but I’m willing to bet that we all have plenty that have a television on in the background, whether or not we were actually watching it. I don’t actually have a problem with that; I’m ok with my children having memories that involve TV too, as long as there’s a good balance.