Saturday, March 10, 2012

Finally Internet at home




This guest post from Doris Dillon

I am so excited that my mom decided to get direc tv internet set up at our house. I think it is pretty likely that I am the last of my friends to even have a quicker Internet service set up at my house. Many of my friends have had good Internet connection at their house for a while now. Whenever I go to my friends’ houses after school, I always ask to use their Internet to work on my homework because it is much easier than going to the library or to a place with community Internet sometimes. I have been begging my mom to get good Internet at our house. She has not been too bothered about it because she does not really use the Internet for anything except her email at work. I told her it might be useful to be able to check her email from home, but she always insisted that she did not want to bring her work home. I think she finally decided to get Internet at our house when she realized that I was spending more time at my friends’ houses than I was at my own.