Saturday, October 22, 2011

Buying and Selling

The Author of this post is Darius Boone

Buying and selling real estate isn’t just a job for me, it’s a hobby. It’s something I love to spend my time doing because I like it, not just because it makes money for me (which it hasn’t been doing a great job of lately, to be honest.) Anyway, I like the renovating more than anything and though I used to actually consider myself a “flipper” I can’t really anymore with the state of the market how it is. I do a lot to the houses I turn over including all types of renovations and upgrades. I’ve got to be aware of everything around me like lumber costs and lower prices and what my contractor’s doing because at the end of the day this isn’t just a hobby for me, it’s my livelihood too. I love being my own boss and also working each and every day on something I love but there’s no greater feeling than looking back at the finished product and saying yeah, I’m really proud of that. I love what I do with the houses!