Sunday, December 5, 2010

Music to your ears



I believe in the use of music to better mankind. Since I was able to talk I have been a fan of music. It was mostly through my siblings as my earliest memories are around watching music videos. Yes music videos back in 1995 everyone watched them to see a moment of pop culture glory. This is because YouTube and glee wasn't invented yet. Particularly it was my first introduction with the late great Michael Jackson as a 4 year old me watched scream. The song was written as a response to the media circus around his life. The music video was black and white but yet has a futuristic feel to it. The images from the video that were embedded in my mind forever was the synchronized dance between two pop star siblings and the tv screens showing various anime characters screaming . Which in itself started my lifelong obsession with Japan but that is for a later post. Music has the power to capture memories and make them special. This is why I got into blogging and I support music education. As it is a part of the learning process we all undergo as humans. My father's music tastes are vastly different than my bubblegum,electronic,gay praising,and soulless pop music with his Christian music. However growing up in a household of caribbean immigrants who worked meager jobs to put me through school. It instilled in me the importance of a education that despite their success many popular musicians don't embrace. Except a select few that include the jail bird lil Wayne is known to have went to a magnet school got
straight A's but dropped out to start his rap career.
I believe education is important and nothing educates more than failure itself. It's like if you keep doing the same thing and you get praise for it. There's no growth or understanding just stasis. This current music scene of Electropop artists making the same material as a prime example of this. Whether it's lady gaga,Katy Perry,Kesha, or just all of them in a blender with 00's Madonna. Music is slowly losing it's originality which is it's strength as an art form.
I believe creativity is the cure to all problems in the world. My father always told me it is better to work smarter than harder. For many listening to music is the spark to people's imaginations. However for me it is different my experiences,things I have read,and dreams are vital to my creativity.
I believe goals/plans are personal/interpersonal depends on who it benefits. My happiness doesn't come from money or fame. It is from helping other people and myself with plans that benefit humanity.
I believe that all things must end but in a good way. In the religion of my forefathers the seventh Adventist church advocates that at the end of the world everything will die except for music. This demonstrates the sheer power that music has over people. Listen,tap your feet,and actually a album in the store.